Tavendale and Partners, Rural Lawyers Canterbury.
Tavendale and Partners, Rural Lawyers.
Tavendale and Partners Canterbury is a law firm with an unrivalled understanding of one of New Zealand’s most important primary industries.
Many of our Rural Lawyers come from a rural or agribusiness background. They are just as comfortable in the paddock as they are in the boardroom. Their empathy with your world and understanding of the challenges facing the Canterbury agricultural industry, combined with their legal expertise, makes for a truly unique and valuable set of skills.
We act on behalf of off-shore corporates and investors, national and local corporates, Farms. Dairy Farmers, Sheep Farmers, Beef Farmers, family businesses and individuals. In any given year, we are involved in more than half of all agricultural transactions throughout Canterbury and beyond.
Our core legal services are:
- Buying, selling and leasing farms,
- Succession planning,
- Ownership structures,
- Banking and finance,
- Property law,
- Dispute resolution and litigation,
- Resource management ,
- Buying, selling, and leasing stock,
- Dairy company shares and supply contracts,
- Water rights and irrigation company shares,
- Pastoral assets,
- Overseas Investment Office approvals,
- Relationship property,
- Trusts, and estate planning.